Partially filled cavity wall insulation
Polyurethane (PUR) and Polyisocyanurate (PIR) insulation products, when used in a partial fill masonry cavity wall construction, offer one of the thinnest solutions available as a result of their superior thermal performance.
Man-made-mineral-fibre (MMMF) is susceptible to water penetration and this can have a severe effect on its thermal performance. PIR/PUR insulation products are resistant to moisture penetration as a result of their closed cell structure. Consequently the thermal performance of PIR/PUR insulation products should remain at its designed level for the lifetime of the building.
Air movement over un-faced mineral fibre within a cavity wall can lead to a significant amount of heat loss. PIR/PUR insulation products are unaffected by air movement.
Benefits of PIR/PUR insulation products for cavity walls (partial fill)
- Superior thermal performance;
- Does not settle and leave part of the cavity un-insulated;
- Constant thermal performance for lifetime of the building;
- Eliminates the risk of water penetration;
- Resistant to moisture ingress;
- Non-fibrous insulation which does not emit harmful emissions;
- Does not support the growth of fungi.
For further information please contact: