Spray applied insulation (External Applications)
Externally applied PUR or PIR insulation products are an extremely versatile and robust method of improving the insulation and energy efficiency of buildings.
When used with a suitable weather-resistant protective coating, the high mechanical strength of sprayed PIR/PUR insulation products means that they can provide a long-term waterproofing and insulation combination that is cost effective and unique among solutions to these
Roofs of agricultural buildings, storage tanks, as well as ducting and pipe work, are all commonly insulated using an external application of spray applied PUR or PIR.
The work is carried out by experienced contractors who work within the BBA accreditation Scheme and adopt Codes of Practice published by BSI.
Spray applied PUR or PIR insulation product systems can be applied to all types of surface; to vertical and very uneven surfaces. They can also be applied to any thickness required.
During the application process the PUR or PIR insulation product fills and seals any gaps, cracks and open joints – vastly improving the air-tightness of the building and sealing all water leaks.
Benefits of spray applied insulation (external applications):
- Provide the best thermal performance of all available practical insulants;
- Ensure a continuous layer of insulation and eliminates/minimises thermal bridging;
- Have a useful life in excess of 50 years;
- Can greatly improve air-tightness and reduce heat loss through air leakage;
- Are resistant to moisture ingress;
- Are applied according to British Standard specifications and code of practice (BS 5421 and BS 7021);
- Are applied by experienced specialist contractors;
- Require no fixings;
- Are BBA approved;
- Resistant to foot traffic;
- Resistant to roof water ponding problems.
For further information please contact: