Roofboards – Pitched Roofs
The use of rafter level insulation in creating a warm roof space which can then be used for a warm storage area or may be fully converted to a “room in roof” is rapidly increasing. Polyurethane (PUR) and Polyisocyanurate (PIR) insulation products can be used to achieve this.
PIR/PUR insulation boards offer flexibility to the specifier; they can be used over rafter, between rafters or under rafter. They can also be used in a combination of between and over or between and under.
The use of PIR/PUR insulation products to insulate a pitched roof is equally applicable for new-build or refurbishment projects. The thermal performance and flexibility offered by rigid PIR/PUR insulation products means that the pitch of the roof can be insulated to current standards (and beyond) without sacrificing valuable headroom.
Benefits of PIR/PUR insulation products for pitched roof applications:
- Provides the best thermal performance;
- Constant thermal performance for lifetime of the building;
- Resistant to moisture ingress;
- Non-fibrous and do not emit harmful emissions;
- Does not support the growth of fungi;
- Easy to handle and install
For further information please contact: